Thursday, May 3, 2012

Paul's knee surgery

On 3/27, paul had his knee replacement surgery on his right leg, it was a really long day for me. Billy and Marie came and sat with me during the surgery.  The surgery went really good.The next day I had chemo and Jamie was off for spring break and came to be my chemo buddy, Paula came for lunch with us. We went back to see paul at  the hosp, and the case worker for his rehab looked at me(I was really tired) and told me to go home and i did.He went to rehab thurs nite. He was determed to get out of there and passed all the requirements and did excellent on everything. Guess who was there at the hosp getting her hip replaced, Denise's ( my friend who died 4 yrs ago who worked with me) mom pat. Pat was at rehab with paul also, her husb, rocky, came and talked with paul everyday, he is 83 and is going to get his contractor's license.  i saw denise's son, stephen, with his girlfriend and baby girl, I missed seeing jennifer, his sister..Paul's knee kept on oozing out blood and we called the dr and he had an appt later after that weekend. His surgeon took out his staples, his knee was red and swollen, he oozed  again  on the floor and wanted to clean it up and I said to leave it for them to look out, she said doesn't look good and sent him over to the hosp to get it opened up again and get it cleaned out. They ran 3 tests, 2 came back ok and the 3rd came back as a staph infection! We were sent to an infectious disease dr and were there almost all day. He got a picc put in his arm and has to do 2 treatments of antbiotics twice a day for 6 wks and has to go and do blood work twice a week. It was a huge humbling experience for paul, he is not the most patient person as we all know. He has had the antibiotics upped because of the blood work, We are hoping and praying that everything will be ok and that they dont have to do another surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment