Thursday, May 3, 2012

Big Surprise!

Sue's words-
On Thurs, March 14, I thought, Scotty, the water softener guy was coming out at 10am to fix it. My sister, Karyn calls me and asks if I got a package yet that she sent ups. I said no, but it should come today. The doorbell rang and I went to let Scotty in, but instead I see a baby in a carseat on my front porch. I said " Who are you, pretty baby?" I open the door and Krissy, my neice jumps out from the side of the porch, then my sister and her husband and Krissy's husband is recording it, I about wet my pants, I was so suprised! I'm still talking to my sister on the phone, she says, hang up, there is no present, we are your present!! After the initial shock, I realized Scotty wasn't coming, They stayed til Monday morning. I fixed sloppy joes for lunch, then my kids came over for pizza later that night. I went out to Ohio to surprise Krissy last June for her baby shower, so she got me back good!! Karyn gave me something everyday, like a chick with an umbrella that sang, I'm singing in the rain, and we both hugged and cried, I gave her some ladybug stuff.  Friday night, Dave wanted to grill, so at 9pm, he grilled outside with a flashlight. He did fried potatoes and onions and hamburgs,yummy! On sat, we did the St. Pat's stuff, corned beef and cabbage and red pototoes and noodles and swirled rye bread and, of course, dyed green beer. Everyone came and dressed up, Karyn brought me a green derby hat with long red hair, she had on a clown wig. The babies, Jamie's (Alex aka, chubzilla) and Kenzie, Krissy's baby) wore St Pats outits and bibs, funny glasses, necklaces,etc, were worn by everyone else.





No comments:

Post a Comment